Bone Grip Main Gauche Review

Bone Grip Main Gauche
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I just this moment received my Bone Handled Main Gauche, I unwrapped it carefully with such anticipation......
I own a Bamboo Mat Katana whose name is Living Reed, she's beautiful, and so perfect that I ordered a lesser sword to practice with, for fear that I could not show her proper respect at my level of skill. She sits on a Hanwei stand and on a bamboo mat ordered from Canada to exactly match the bookcase top. cleaning kit, a little varnish on that, and a peasants hat in the back round.
It's a Paul Chen commercial in my home!
My new Military Dadao is more sword than anyone needs. I can see why the Japanese had so much trouble against this formidable piece. It was ordered with the Long Red Tassel for the ring, and the Broadsword adjustable hanger, which although not advertised as an option, fits perfectly in the two hilt rings. There is simply no room for improvement on this design. Asian Ideas sent me a reproduction Chinese National hat with a red star to hang nearby. Another perfect display with Hanwei as the star attraction.
Now to the Gauche. This was to be on the Shakespeare shelf, maybe not completely authentic in period but sshhhhh... . I just think that if you own a copy of Hamlet, you should have a dagger for "To be or not to be" and a skull of "poor Yorick" on the same shelf. Who better than the guys at Hanwei for that job. Truth is I was just about to order the matching rapier in case Laertes came by in a "mood". This piece of junk fell out of the scabbard that it rattles around in on first examination. It wont stay in the scabbard, and can't be fitted as far as I can tell. Marked on the blade obviously it says DALIAN CHINA , and next to that lightly is the familiar beauty mark of our beloved Hanwei horse. I really had to check this item to see if the vendor had pulled a fast one. Paul Chen would not do me this way. There must be a mistake.
I will squeeze the metal with blocks on both ends of the scabbard I guess, I already have thread sealer to keep the thing from unscrewing (it came loosened), and I know how to fit a saya because it was needful on the lesser sword I bought for practice (expected) (I call "it" useful stick) and I am a repairman by trade so I'll figure something out. It's just a shame, no matching Bone Handled Rapiers in my plan anymore, and I'm re thinking the Bastard Sword too! I guess I expected too much. I'm just so proud when I think I found a company that gives me consistently better quality than I could otherwise afford, and suddenly find out it's only a maybe. Sorry, Guys at Hanwei, but I don't want others to be disappointed like I was. EMC Raleigh NC

Click Here to see more reviews about: Bone Grip Main Gauche

The Main Gauche, or left hand dagger, was often used with the rapier, providing an added dimension in both offense and defense, and the "Schools of Fence" which proliferated in Europe during this period taught the use of the two weapons in combination. The Main Gauche would often match the Rapier in styling, while incorporating features which maximized the effectiveness of the piece. ;; The main gauches, along with the swept-hilt rapiers have now been redesigned to provide lighter, better balanced pieces than earlier models. The hilts are now of the same size as the museum pieces on which they are based, providing an authentic "feel" in the user's hand.; This main gauche is interchangeable with the "Practical" blade (XC-6522HO), which is designed for safety in rapier sparring.;; -Historically accurate ; -Perfect balance ;; Specifications: ; Overall length: 17" ; Weight: 9 oz. ;; Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.

Buy NowGet 17% OFF

Click here for more information about Bone Grip Main Gauche

0 comments:

Post a Comment